Thursday, October 6, 2011

Happy birthday Erica!

Another birthday has come and tomorrow is Erica's birthday. I won't tell you how old she is though but she is definitely older than me. She is having her day off from work because it's her birthday. How COOL is that!!!

Here's the card I've done for her by using this sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches and here's the front and the side. It's my first time doing this kind of card and it took me hours to do that but I'm so glad I did it. There's always a first time!

I've used Cool cat for my image and colored with copics. I've used Basic Grey's papers and some other papers from stash. The flowers are from Prima and jute ribbon from my stash.



I'm entering this card in the following:

Tuesday Morning Sketches - Sketch
Creative Card Crew - Easel
2 Sisters Challenge - Fancy Folds
Hambo Challenges #37 - Use something that starts with your first name - Jute ribbon
Show me #45 Thursdays
Just Yolie, Just Create - Pink
Crafty Cardmakers - Anything goes



17 comments:

Marie said...

Wonderful easel card, Jen. That is one 'cool cat' with stylish sunglasses. Love the floral accents. Thanks for playing along at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Karin said...

Your shaped easel card is so cute with that relaxing cat! He makes me wish I was on vacation :) The ribbon and flower embellishments are so sweet too! Thanks for joining the Hoedown this week!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

What an adorable easel card! Of course she was going to love it, it's much to cute :)
hugs, margie

Alice said...

this is so cute and sweet! lovely card!

Sassy Cheryl said...

Adorable! What a fabulous B-Day card. And happy birthday to Erica! Super cute image too.
Thanks for sharing it this week in the SMThursday fun @ Sassy Cheryl's.

Marlene said...

this is just too cute!! I LOVE this easel card - perfection!

Melissa Craig said...

What a fun card! That cat really looks happy! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Judy Rozema said...

Simple adorable and a perfect Hoedown card! I love the round shape!

Steph Herbert said...

Cool Cat looks just puuurfect! ;) Love the card shape and flowers! Thanks so much for playing along at the Hambo Hoedown!

Anonymous said...

awww such an adorable card... I love it....
Thank you so much for joining us for Link up for Pink.
celeste
www.touchedbyabutterfly.com

JustYolie said...

That image is so cute!! Thanks for joining Link Up for Pink....still time to enter another FAB PINK creation!
Yolie
www.JustYolie.com

Stressed Stamper said...

Great card - love this easel card - great image
Sarah

Caroline said...

Wow this is one cool easel Card!! Thanks for joining us this week at the Creative Card Crew.
Caroline x

GabyCreates.com said...

Very cool cat indeed...and card too!
Thanks for joining us at LUFP with a beautiful pink creation! ~Gaby
www.gabycreates.com

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh this is soooo adorable, Jen!!! He is definitely celebrating and he makes me want to be there with him!!! LOVE this!!!
hugs, Sharon

Shirley said...

Love this card, and it doesn't show that it's your first one ever. The Kool Kat image is perfect for a celebration.

Susie Little said...

great card with such a cute image Thank you for playing at crafty Cardmakers! xx