Saturday, March 1, 2014

Happy Birthday Sister


Good morning! Happy Saturday! Hope your morning is off to a great start! I'm here today with our monthly challenge at SunflowerField Designs. Since it's only the second challenge, the theme is "Birthdays and Flowers". You can choose to add Flowers or make a birthday card or use both. I used both and I even made my own flowers.

Here is my mine 


The cute image is Surprise Puppy which I colored with my prismacolored pencils. My papers are from the DCWV Birthday set and the ribbon is from my stash. My flowers have been hand rolled and I added some cotton ball in the middle to act as a cushion for the black adhesived pearl in the middle. I also added some birthday candles with a Martha Stewart punch and a sticker (Sister). 



 I followed Beate's tutorial to make this circular side step card and this was my first attempt. It was a bit tricky to cut the papers for the mat and also, I had to be extra careful when making the steps on the side. I will leave you with a close look of the image.


Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to visit the Sunflowerfield Challenge and check out the fantastic creations from my teammies. We hope you will play along this week!  

 Sunflowerfield Designs New DT Call Now Open!!! Click on the banner to read how to apply, the DT Call ends March 5th.



I recently created a Facebook page and I would love to see you there. Thanks a ton!

Challenges:
Creative Corner - Green
All Sorts - Spring is coming (Colors on card show the theme)
Crafting by Design - Spring
Scrap it Girls - Birthday
Natalie and Amy - Flowers
Treasured Times - Birthday



13 comments:

Kisha said...

Very creative and cute card! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap It Girl.

Heidi said...

super gorgeous, thanks for joining us at Scrap it Girl

Wendy L said...

Perfect for the challenge. Gorgeous card, thanks for joining us at Allsorts Challenge this week. xxxx

Mummylade said...

What a lovely card! Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts and good luck in the challenge!

Rachelle Olaridge said...

What a cute card. Fantastic job. Thanks for playing along with us
at Scrap It Girl!

Sher said...

So creative and beautiful! Thank you so much for joining us at Crafting By Designs.
Hugs, Sharon/DT

Kim. said...

This is a really pretty card, the image is adorable and I love the style you chose, you did a far better job than I would have layering up the mat layers. Thanks for sharing with us this month at Natalie & Amy's Challenge.
Kim xXx

Jessica said...

What a fun shape for a card. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap It Girl!

Scrappy Scatty said...

totally cute and a great shaped card
Thank you for joining us at Treasured Times this time
xx

Candy Spiegel said...

Interesting card design! Thanks for playing along at Scrap It Girl!

Unknown said...

cuteness!

ameliaharris99 said...

Wow! What a creative card! Love it! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap It Girl! :)

Laura Cox {aka scrapaddict} said...

This is adorable! Thanks for joining us over at Scrap It Girl!